You can probably tell by now that I love to travel. Thankfully, I married a man who has the same adventurous spirit and is willing to go with me. There is just something about the idea of exploration and discovering new places that makes me so excited. I love prepping for trips, planning our excursions and seeing what all the world has to offer. With that being said though, the actual day of traveling (plane, train or automobile) can be a lot. I still remember when we went to Paris a few years ago. It was Jon Luke's first time on a long flight like that and he had to get used to the hours. (He also had to quickly get used to the jet lag he experienced when we landed in Paris!) But to help make these flights better, there are a few things I pretty much have to have with me when I travel. See more below!
1. Noise Canceling Headphones - This is a must for me. Jon Luke got me a pair for Christmas a few years ago and I LOVE having them on the plane. Don't get me wrong, babies are cute. But when they are screaming their heads off while I am trying to read/sleep/work I would rather hear my music.
2. A Good Book - I gotta have a good read with me. It keeps my mind off things and allows me to escape in to another story all together. I love it.
3. A Magazine - I usually always pick up a new fashion magazine at the airport. Guilty as ever.
4. Comfortable Attire - Whether it is comfy leggings, jeans, or a big sweater, I like to be comfortable on the plane/in the car.
5. Water - Not sure why but I always feel so dehydrated when I travel. As soon as I get to the airport I buy one of the large bottles of Smart Water just to keep with me throughout the day!