It is official guys...summer is here! It has been SO hot (almost unbearable) here in Louisiana but I am actually okay with it! You know, summertime means a lot of things for me that I love...1) my birthday, 2) pool time and 3) VACATION! How can I complain?? No but seriously, there are just some things I love to do in the summer so I figured I would round up some of my favs and share them here!
SUMMER TO-DO LIST:
Some things are just better in the summer...am I right??? I know that is the case for me! Keep reading to see what some of my favorite summer activities are!
1. The Pool - I LOVE to lay by the pool. Seriously I feel so relaxed when I can throw a bathing suit on and find my pool chair. But I have grown up this way. There is no better time than my time by the pool!
2. A BBQ - a couple of weeks ago (as soon as it was getting warm) I made Jon Luke power wash our porch and we ordered new patio furniture. All this because I LOVE a good BBQ! Seriously, when we can have friends over, lounge around outside and grill out...it is so fun to me!
3. Brunch! - Brunch is probably best in the spring, but make it fun in the summer! There is nothing better than a little froze in the sunshine!
4. Rent a Boat - If you live somewhere close to water (the beach, a lake, the river), find a place to go on a boat ride! When the heat is out in full force during the summer, what is better than a little breeze on the water?
5. Have a Picnic - This sounds so cheesy but I promise you won't regret it!
6. Make Sangria - Seriously I know this sounds crazy but it can get fun. I have tried many different Sangria recipes over the years that now it is fun to experiment!
7. Go on a Road Trip - When I think of summer, I think about blaring my music and rolling my windows down. It is even more fun when you have an exciting destination ahead of you!
8. Try a Baseball Game - Growing up, this was my dad and I's thing. We had season tickets to the Texas Rangers and I LOVED being at the ball park. I guess it was no surprise when I married a baseball player!
9. Make Home Made Ice Cream - Also a favorite growing up but this is a fun thing to do with the fam! Similar to sangria, you can experiment with flavors (Butterfinger is my jam!) and toppings!
10. Watch It Rain - This might be a southern thing, but I love those summer thunderstorms!
Really, I could go on and on with a list of fun things to do in the summer but most importantly...HAVE FUN! relax a little and be with the ones you love because that is what you will remember most!
Photos by Darian Kayce Photography