I know you all are probably wondering when I am going to stop posting Greece pictures, so if you are tired of it I am sorry. There was just so much beauty in one trip, my picture count was extremely high and I have SO much I want to share! Today I wanted to share a quick guide to Mykonos, based on what we did and saw in our four days there. From food to shopping, hotels and bars, I am going to try to cover a little bit about each place we went to and what else I would recommend!
For our last day in Mykonos, we decided to go roam around Mykonos Town. We had been in to town prior to this, but we wanted to wander the streets, shop and see as many sights as we could before leaving. I broke out my new gladiator sandals for this adventure and loved them. They are the perfect height and stay up on my legs (which is nice to not have to keep pulling them up). I found this romper at Zara (I know it looks like a dress!) and it might be my favorite look I wore in Greece. The material is so soft and I love how it looks on. It was perfect for the heat!
So I wanted to share a few places/things to do if you are ever going to be planning a trip to Mykonos. Keep reading to get some tips on food, activities and places to stay!
- Royal Myconian Resort Thalasso Spa - Our hotel was on the south/east side of the island and sat right above Elia Beach. We could walk down to Elia, and the hotel had a free shuttle to and from Mykonos Town. I can honestly say that their customer service was some of the best (if not the best) I have ever experienced and I love how special they made us feel the entire time. The pools were beautiful, restaurants were amazing and our room was PERFECT! If I ever go back to Mykonos, I will definitely stay there again.
- M- eating - We had dinner here our first night in Mykonos Town. It was the cutest little restaurant and the food was WONDERFUL!
- Kiki's Tavern - Our second full day in Mykonos, we rented a scooter and rode to the north side of the island to go to Kiki's. We had to wait for a table (it is a popular spot!) but it was well worth it! The traditional Greek BBQ was awesome and I loved the atmosphere!
- Scarpa - So it is a thing to go down to Little Venice and watch the sunset. We found the perfect little bar called Scarpa and enjoyed great drinks and a great view! Definitely check it out!
- Interni - We actually ended up here twice. We sat at the bar for drinks and talked with the bar tender for hours. He told us all sorts of information about Mykonos and shared insight on making the cocktails! The drinks were the best and the restaurant is beautiful!
- Sakis - This place was the typical fast food spot in Mykonos. We saw how crowded it was the first night there and decided on our second night (after drinks at Interni) to try it out. The Gyros and Souvlaki were awesome and really cheap!
- Familia - Our last full day, we ate lunch at Familia. The restaurant was the cutest little spot in the middle of Mykonos Town and I was drawn to it by the looks. Yep I read the book by the cover, but it was such great food!
- Rent a scooter - Our day on the scooter was so much fun and we were able to see so much of the island. I loved riding around and taking in the sights!
- Shop in Mykonos Town - As I have said before, I loved Mykonos Town. It looked like a straight up movie set and the shops were so cute.
- Beaches - During our stay we went to Elia Beach, Panormos Beach and Agios Sostis Beach. They were all beautiful but there are so many more!