While in New York for the weekend, we decided to spend part of our Saturday in Brooklyn. We walked across the bridge, shopped, had brunch and slowly made our way back, enjoying the scenery and our surroundings. It was well worth the walking (and tired feet!) because we experienced New York in a new way!
I have to say, I would venture back to Brooklyn in a heartbeat. It was so much fun to walk the bridge, then once we were over there I was constantly finding stores, restaurants and picture spots I wanted to see! I even picked out an apartment I would like to live in :) For our day in Brooklyn I decided to wear all black with my new camel coat from Topshop. I am in love with this coat! The color and length are perfect and I felt like a true New Yorker!
Tips for Brooklyn:
- Definitely walk the bridge because it is worth it! Watch out for the bikers though because if you get in their way, it is not fun for either party.
- We ate brunch at Atrium Dumbo and is was AWESOME! I would recommend the burger for sure.
- Right next to Atrium Dumbo is one of One Girl Cookies locations. Stop in there for a cute atmosphere and something sweet.
- Stop of at the Humphrey loft (again channeling my Gossip Girl love). You can see the street in pictures above, but it is a great photo op with the Manhattan Bridge behind you and the cobble stone streets!
- Wear comfortable shoes and just get lost! It is such a cool area and so fun to see a different side of New York!